May 29, 2008
With my radio, I can listen to every baseball game via the home team’s broadcasts. After listening to a game, I’ll break it down through my savvy listening skills.
That being said, welcome to the first installment of “On the radio”.
ON THE RADIO: New York Mets
· Thursday, May 29th, 2008
- Los Angeles Dodgers @ New York Mets
- Radio broadcast team: Wayne Hagin & Howie Rose
- WFAN radio, XM 186 on this night
Read the rest of this entry »
May 29, 2008
· Appearently, the Queens tourism department missed Tom Glavine’s last start lest season. In related news, Billy Wagner still sucks.
· Chase Utley leads all NL players in All-Star voting. Other Phillies include Jimmy Rollins (5th, behind Ryan Theriot), Pat Burrell (6th, somehow behind Matt Holliday and Koske Fukudome) and Ryan Howard (5th). All-Star balloting is a fraud, Astros fans must be stuffing the boxes, and how is Kaz Matsui ahead of Dan Uggla?
LINKS: Brochure chumps make Mets ’07 champs, NY Daily News; Utley leading All-Star pack at second, Phillies.com
May 28, 2008
After last night’s game, the Phillies are officially 1/3 of the way through the 2008 season. With a record of 30-24, the Phillies are 4 games better than last year’s mark of 26-28 at the same point in the season. Division-race wise, Philadelphia is only 1.5 games out of first, compared to last year at the same time when they trailed the Mets by 8.5 games.
Ironically, the 54th game of last season may have been the Phillies worst. They lost 13-0 at home to the San Francisco Giants, managing just two hits. It was the fourth loss in a row and the Phillies were never further behind in the standings than this day, all season long. They would go 63-49 the rest of the way.
More after the jump… Read the rest of this entry »
May 27, 2008
Welcome once again to Against the Spread. When I started this site half a year ago, I made it intending on writing about different sports subjects. The site originates from Maytown, Pa., along the Susquehanna River in northwestern Lancaster County. Despite our location, we do not get either Baltimore or Washington sports channels. We do get Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. My roommate loves the Penguins, Notre Dame football and North Carolina basketball. Our only similar rooting interests are the Eagles and backyard wrestling. More on that later, continue after the jump… Read the rest of this entry »